Energy Update: A Breakdown of 2021 Regulatory Updates and Pending Legislation Regarding California's Energy Future
Holland & Knight West Coast Land Use and Real Estate Spring Webinar Series
Please join Holland & Knight's West Coast Land Use and Environmental Group and Real Estate Practice for "Energy Update: A Breakdown of 2021 Regulatory Updates and Pending Legislation Regarding California's Energy Future." This is part three of our five-part webinar series designed to discuss recent legislative and administrative updates affecting the real estate industry.
In this session, Energy and Environment attorneys Mark Kalpin and Kevin Ashe will discuss recent regulatory and legislative developments impacting California’s energy future. In order to meet ambitious greenhouse gas emission reduction and renewable energy goals, California regulatory agencies and the state legislature continue to explore policy changes to encourage the deployment of solar, wind and battery storage projects and to modify energy efficiency standards. This session will focus on developments impacting the following:
- offshore wind
- "green" hydrogen
- energy efficiency and decarbonization efforts
The discussion will cover topics of interest for developers of energy and residential/commercial projects alike, as well as regional and local decision-makers.
More Presentations in this Series
- Part 1 - CEQA Developments/Trends: SCEAs and SCPEs – What Are They? What Does It Take to Make Them Work?
- Part 2 - Real Estate "PropTech": How Technology and Web-Based Applications Are Changing CRE
- Part 3 - Energy Update: A Breakdown of 2021 Regulatory Updates and Pending Legislation Regarding California's Energy Future (You are currently viewing Part 3)
- Part 4 - Leasing Issues in Post-COVID Era
- Part 5 - Alcohol Beverage Regulations and Outdoor Dining Post-COVID