Inside Track with Broc: Tom Bentz on Latest D&O Insurance Developments 2013
D&O Insurance Partner Tom Bentz discuss the latest D&O Insurance trends on Inside Track with Broc, courtesy of TheCorporateCounsel.net.
As the questions mount regarding director and officer liability, companies - as well as those covered - are taking a second look at their D&O insurance policies. With D&O carriers sometimes looking to amend policies - and more lawsuits naming directors and officers being filed - the playing field for D&O insurance is becoming increasingly complicated.
- Tom Bentz, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
- Peter Critchell, Assistant Vice President - Directors & Officers, AIG Property Casualty
- Heather Fox, General Counsel, ARC Excess & Surplus
- Thomas McCormack, US Claims Officer - Directors & Officers, AIG Property Casualty
- What questions should you ask when renegotiating a D&O insurance policy?
- What negotiation tactics are more likely to work in a seller's - or buyer's - market?
- What type of due diligence is now required before a director/officer is recruited and covered by insurance?
- How do the courts and other authorities view indemnification these days? Does this impact the type of indemnification provisions companies are adopting?
- What can a company do to avoid having its policy rescinded? How can a company ensure it does not cover a director/officer that doesn't deserve to be covered?
Duration: 54 minutes