Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty
Immigration attorney Leon Fresco, national security attorney Jason Klitenic and private wealth attorney Lauren Klein co-hosted a webinar discussing how to navigate U.S. immigration and taxation laws when significant wealth is involved. In recent years, wealthy non-U.S. individuals have established a greater presence in the United States, generally through direct investment in U.S. assets, student visas or other avenues. Our attorneys discussed how to determine the right visa classification based on the client's present and future goals, what to do when encountering and addressing national security issues arising in connection with U.S. visas, and other immigration matters. They also analyzed U.S. federal tax considerations for various U.S. visa classifications.
- Tax Controversy, Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Nonprofits, Thursday, June 10, 2021
- Tax Planning for International Clients in Three Parts, July 2021
- International Private Equity Planning, August 2021
- International Estate Administration, September 2021