Dialogues in Tech DEI: Building Diverse Tech
Holland & Knight's Technology & Telecommunications Industry Sector Group hosted a discussion with Sarah Chen-Spellings, co-founder and managing partner of Beyond the Billion, and Jason Clark, executive director of Tech:NYC. Holland & Knight Partner Tiffani Lee, the firm's diversity partner, moderated the discussion. This presentation focused on investments in DEI, including funding and support for women and minority-led startups and tech ventures, and how a focus on DEI goals can help drive real change while improving economic outcomes.
- DEI goals of Beyond the Billion and Tech:NYC, as well as strategies they have employed
- Recognizing the historical lack of diversity and current trends in the tech sector and venture capital funding
- Diversity challenges in traditional finance and established tech companies compared with early-phase venture funding and startups
- How does investment in women-led and minority-led companies and investments in diverse founders help change diversity in tech?
- What kind of private and public sector cooperation can and should be encouraged to help realize diversity gains and a strong tech industry?
- Advice for building diverse and inclusive tech companies