IRS Appeals Update
As the IRS increases enforcement following the pandemic and receives additional funding, new developments will impact taxpayers' experiences when their cases land at Internal Revenue Service (IRS) appeals. Tax attorneys Mary McNulty, Amish Shah, Abbey Garber and James Dawson hosted a webinar discussion on navigating the new developments within IRS appeals.
- limitations on taxpayer's right to appeals
- docketed appeals
- appeals in the Bipartisan Budget Act (BBA) partnership audit cases
- timeline for appeals
- post-pandemic conferences
- participation by IRS specialists and chief counsel attorneys
- requests for case file
Other recordings in this series:
- What You Should Know About U.S. Sanctions Imposed on Russian Elites, Proxies and Oligarchs
- So, My Client Didn't Report Foreign Assets to the IRS. What Now?
- The Supreme Court Punts in In re Grand Jury. Where Does That Leave Attorney-Client Privilege and Tax Advice?
- What You Need to Know About the New IRS Approach for Approving Advance Pricing Agreements and Renewals
- Tax Legislative Update