Eyes on Energy Tax: Understanding the Qualified Advanced Energy Tax Credit Under Section 48C
Holland & Knight's Energy Tax Team hosted an informative webinar to discuss this the qualified advanced energy tax credit under Section 48C. Reinstated by the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022, Section 48C of the Internal Revenue Code provides $10 billion in credits for qualifying advanced energy projects, $4 billion of which must be allocated to projects located in energy communities.
- What has the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the IRS said about this program in guidance issued thus far?
- What projects are potentially eligible for Section 48C tax credits?
- What are the procedures and timing for applying for an allocation of these credits?
- What are the selection criteria and how will the U.S. Department of Energy score proposed projects?
- What additional guidance is needed?