How Contractors Can Manage the Imminent Government Shutdown
Partners Bob Tompkins and Eric Crusius of Holland & Knight's Government Contracts Group, Partner Tom Davis of our Public Policy & Regulation Group and Partner Kara Ariail of our Labor, Employment and Benefits Group hosted a special webinar on how contractors can navigate the looming government shutdown.
This webinar, moderated by Partner Chris Nagel, offered the latest developments on the current political situation and tips on how to deal with contract-related issues arising from the shutdown. They also provided strategies on how to communicate with and manage employees in light of the shutdown. The presenters offered a Contractor's Action Plan, which includes:
- taking inventory of contracts and funding sources
- trying to determine whether a contract is impacted by the shutdown
- what to do if a contract is funded but government employees are furloughed
- recovering shutdown-related costs
- mitigating shutdown-related costs