Holland & Knight Data Privacy and Security Report: November 2023
Welcome to Holland & Knight's monthly data privacy and security news update that includes the latest in policy, regulatory updates and other significant developments. If you see anything in this report that you would like additional information on, please reach out to authors or members of Holland & Knight's Data Strategy, Security & Privacy Team.
- End-of-Year Sprint
- Kids' Privacy Bills Stalled in Senate
- Whistleblower Testimony Fans Flames for Kids' Online Safety Legislation
- Sen. Wyden to Oppose Confirmation of New NSA/Cyber Command Leader
- Cortez Masto Reintroduces Three Privacy Bills
- Involuntary Facial Recognition Bill Introduced
- Data Collection from Servicemembers Is Under the Microscope
Executive and Departmental Updates
- CFPB Issues Proposed Personal Finance Data Rule
- U.K., U.S. Unveil the World's First AI Cyber Guidelines
- Judges Named to Data Protection Review Court
- CFPB Seeks to Balance Development of New Banking Products and Privacy Protections
- CPPA Rolls Out Draft ADMT Regulations
Information contained in this alert is for the general education and knowledge of our readers. It is not designed to be, and should not be used as, the sole source of information when analyzing and resolving a legal problem, and it should not be substituted for legal advice, which relies on a specific factual analysis. Moreover, the laws of each jurisdiction are different and are constantly changing. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. If you have specific questions regarding a particular fact situation, we urge you to consult the authors of this publication, your Holland & Knight representative or other competent legal counsel.