Glenn A. Adams serves as executive partner of the Orlando office and practices in the areas of corporate and tax law. He advises clients on a variety of business issues during the life cycle of the business, often beginning prior to formation and continuing as the business grows and succeeds until the business, or a unit of the business, is liquidated upon sale or other circumstances. Mr. Adams has substantial experience with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships (including general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited liability limited partnerships) and other joint venture arrangements. His representation includes drafting and negotiating complex agreements, such as limited liability company operating agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, corporate shareholders' agreements and other arrangements between equity owners (e.g., buy-sell arrangements). He also regularly advises on corporate governance issues.
Mr. Adams often counsels clients on issues related to their corporate structure, including inter-company mergers, consolidations, capital contributions, and other transfers and liquidations or dissolutions. He assists in the formation of holding companies and the creation of subsidiary entities to meet each client's tax and non-tax needs. Mr. Adams has significant experience advising large multijurisdictional clients with respect to streamlining their organizational structure for both tax and administrative reasons. This experience includes coordinating consolidation projects for clients with business units in numerous locations and with entities formed across the nation.
Furthermore, Mr. Adams has served as outside counsel for clients operating in a variety of industries, including healthcare, hospitality, food service and distribution. He has substantial experience as outside counsel drafting and negotiating a variety of complex commercial agreements on behalf of clients including, but not limited to, agreements relating to stock and asset purchases, mergers or other reorganizations, corporate finance, sales and distribution arrangements, software licensing and master services agreements. Mr. Adams also works closely with clients to understand their businesses, their corporate and ownership structure, and their legal challenges allowing him to provide comprehensive guidance with respect to their legal needs.
Additionally, Mr. Adams represents not-for-profit entities with respect to various tax and corporate matters, including formation of the entity and assistance in obtaining tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Mr. Adams has served as in-house counsel for an investment banking firm based in metro-Atlanta which primarily arranged private placements of convertible securities with institutional investors for small to mid-capitalization publicly traded companies. He began his career serving on the tax staff of a large national accounting firm in its Atlanta office.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of South Florida, B.A., Accounting, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
- Leadership Florida, Class XXXV
- American Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Past President, Board of Trustees
- Orlando Economic Partnership, Board of Directors
- Foundation for Orlando’s Future, Inc., Board of Directors
- Orange County Mayor’s Modeling, Simulation and Training (MS&T) Blue Ribbon Commission
- Central Florida Partnership, Central Florida Transportation Corridors Task Force, former Member
- BusinessForce, former Board of Directors
- Orange County Bar Association Executive Council, former Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, former President
- Children’s Home Society of Florida, former Chairman, Board of Directors, Central Florida Division
- University of Florida College of Law Alumni Council, former Member
- Lake Highland Preparatory School, Board of Visitors former Member
- Leadership Orlando, Class 49
- Who's Who Legal: Florida, Corporate Tax, 2020
- William B. Trickel, Jr. Professionalism Award, Orange County Bar Association, 2018
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2015-2018
- St. Thomas More Award, Catholic Lawyers Guild of Central Florida, 2017
- Pro Bono Project Award of Excellence, Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, 2016
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, Tax Law, 2013-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Outstanding Board Member, Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, 2010, 2011