Jorge Aguilar is an attorney and senior policy advisor in Holland & Knight's Mexico City office. He focuses his practice in managing private sector clients' relationships with local and federal governments, and leads the design and implementation of advocacy strategies with government officials and stakeholders.
Through his work, Mr. Aguilar has contributed to cross-functional teams by supporting the implementation of policies and business initiatives, including industry coalition building, trade associations support and strategic development as a political and public policy consultant for the energy, manufacturing, agrochemical, consumer products, private security and technology industries.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Aguilar served as an advisor for the southern region coordinator during Mexico's 2018 presidential campaign season and was a designated delegate of a national party in the region. Mr. Aguilar has in-depth knowledge of the Mexican legislative process, policies generation and political intelligence.
Mr. Aguilar is a graduate student at Universidad Panamericana, where he expects to complete his master's degree in government and public policies in 2024. In addition, he has completed certification courses through Compliance in Conflicts of Interest, Guide to Compliant Gifts and Hospitality, and Global Anti-Bribery Compliance Challenge for Intermediaries
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Diploma, Constituent Power, Parliamentary Law and Debate
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Diploma, Public Policy and International Private Law
- Universidad Anáhuac Mexico, Campus Norte, J.D.
- Certified Lobbyist, Mexican Congress, Senate and Chamber of Deputies
- Institutional and Government Relations Professionals in Latin America, ORIGEM LatAm Directory, 2023