David Allen is a business attorney who represents clients in high-stakes corporate transactions, offering practical and strategic insights to help them maximize value and minimize regulatory risk. Based in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, Mr. Allen focuses his practice on guiding clients on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and general corporate and securities matters.
Mr. Allen represents issuers, underwriters, investors and placement agents in a broad range of securities law matters. He assists clients with public offerings and private placements of debt, equity and convertible securities, including through initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings and private investments in public equity (PIPEs).
In addition, Mr. Allen represents acquirers, targets, financial advisors and special committees in a wide variety of transactions involving private and public companies. He counsels clients in numerous industries, including medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, real estate, semiconductors, technology, hotels and gaming.
Privately and publicly held corporations and their boards of directors turn to Mr. Allen for general corporate counseling on issues, including public company reporting, obligations of directors and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Allen was managing partner of the Orange County, California, office for a national law firm.
Not yet admitted to Texas Bar; admitted to California Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Texas.
- Represented a commercial-stage specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with its initial public offering (IPO) of common stock and listing on the Nasdaq Global Market
- Counseled a syndicate of underwriters in connection with a registered follow-on offering of common stock of a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company
- Counseled a syndicate of placement agents in connection with a registered direct offering of common stock of a pharmaceutical logistics company
- Represented a syndicate of underwriters in connection with a public offering of common stock and uplisting to the Nasdaq Capital Market by a mechanical systems engineering and construction company
- Represented a syndicate of underwriters in connection with the IPO of American depositary shares (ADS) and listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market by a clinical-stage Danish biopharmaceutical company
- Advised a retail real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with multiple public offerings of common stock, preferred stock and senior notes
- Counseled a multimedia company in connection with its offering of senior secured notes under Rule 144A
- Represented a syndicate of underwriters in connection with a registered follow-on offering of common stock of a pre-commercial medical device company
- Advised a real estate services company in connection with its offering of common stock under Rule 144A
- Counseled a syndicate of underwriters in connection with the IPO of common stock and dual listing on the Nasdaq Global Market and the Toronto Stock Exchange of a clinical-stage Canadian pharmaceutical company
- Represented a publicly traded medical technology company in its acquisition of another publicly traded medical technology company
- Counseled a publicly traded medical technology company in connection with various strategic equity and debt investments, joint ventures and collaboration agreements
- Advised a privately held hospitality and gaming company in its sale to a private equity-backed strategic buyer
- Represented a publicly traded medical device company in its sale to another publicly traded medical device company
- Advised a publicly traded engineering and construction services company in its acquisition of the engineering and construction division of a publicly traded multinational company
- Represented a privately held audiovisual services company in its sale to a private equity buyer
- Advised a publicly traded hospitality and gaming company in connection with various acquisitions and divestitures
- Counseled a publicly traded software company in connection with its proposed divestiture of certain assets to a private equity portfolio company
- Represented a publicly traded semiconductor company in its sale to another publicly traded semiconductor company
- Counsel numerous investment banks in financial advisory, fairness opinion and other mergers and acquisitions (M&A) engagements
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Securities Regulation, 2018-2021