Mark I. Aronson is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. He has practiced in the area of commercial real estate law for almost 40 years and has handled a wide range of transactions as counsel for developers, institutional lenders, and public and private entities.
Mr. Aronson works with a variety of large-scale, multi-use real estate developments. He represents investors and developers of hotel and resort projects, golf courses, mixed-use projects, regional malls and shopping centers, urban and suburban office buildings, and condominium projects. He has obtained federally insured, multifamily housing financing for clients and has represented developers on construction projects for which he has secured private financing as well as both state and federal financing. His work frequently involves coordination with municipal, county and state governmental and regulatory bodies.
Mr. Aronson also has corporate law experience and represents clients such as pension funds, manufacturers and distribution companies. In addition, he was formerly senior claims counsel with a national title insurance company and has experience in resolving and handling title claims involving real property.
In addition, Mr. Aronson is active in the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and is past chairman of the ULI Florida Summit, an annual two-day conference that attracts approximately 700 attendees. He also has been active in the development of the parks system, police and fire facilities and other community activities in Cooper City, Florida. He has served on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, the Cooper City Charter Review Board and Blue Ribbon Committee for Capital Improvements in Cooper City, and was chairman of the Political Action Committee Neighbors for Cooper City's Future, and for many years served as chairman of the Cooper City Planning and Zoning Board.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S., Advertising
- Urban Land Institute Southeast Florida, Advisory Board and Management Committee
- Urban Land Institute, Full Member, 2006-2016
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, Board of Governors, 1996-2016
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Top Dealmaker of the Year Finalist, Daily Business Review, Real Estate: Office, 2011
- Top Dealmaker of the Year Finalist, Daily Business Review, Real Estate: Hotel, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated