Jackson M. Allen
Jackson Allen is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office. Mr. Allen has a multidisciplinary practice advising clients in various transactional matters in the electric power, renewable and clean energy, oil and gas, and infrastructure sectors.
Mr. Allen is experienced in representing clients in a wide range of complex commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions (both buy- and sell-side), joint ventures, design-build, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and build-own-transfer (BOT) agreements, equipment supply and procurement agreements (representing both suppliers and owner/developers), operation and maintenance (O&M) agreements, and various other transactional arrangements.
In addition, Mr. Allen has extensive experience advising clients in the negotiation of design-build, EPC, BOT and equipment supply arrangements across a wide range of industry sectors, including those related to the development of solar, wind, battery storage, electric transmission and renewable natural gas, as well as carbon capture and sequestration projects.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Allen was an attorney for a global law firm in its Atlanta office.
- Represented the unregulated business unit of one of the largest publicly traded utilities in the United States in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of solar and wind generation projects totaling approximately 1 gigawatt (GW) in the aggregate
- Represented a Fortune 500 construction company in the negotiation of an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreement for the proposed construction of an electric transmission line in the Midwestern U.S. valued at more than $1 billion
- Represented an energy developer in connection with joint venture with strategic investor for the development of a portfolio of solar generation projects in the Northeastern U.S.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S., magna cum laude
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Energy Law Ones to Watch, 2023, 2024
- The Legal 500 USA, Energy Transactions, 2021; Energy: Renewable/Alternative, 2020-2022