Bob Boston is widely recognized for his experience and analytical insight in high-value matters ranging from labor and employment disputes to complex commercial litigation. Respected by opposing counsel and members of the judiciary, clients rely on Mr. Boston for both his courtroom prowess and his ability to solve problems in day-to-day matters.
Companies seeking strategic advice or hands-on representation in business, commercial, labor or employment litigation matters rely on Mr. Boston for his depth of knowledge and extensive trial experience. A litigation strategist and tactician, he helps clients look beyond the reactive way of thinking to develop solutions to their litigation and employment issues. Clients rely upon Mr. Boston for his practical, creative advice. Representative companies include:
- domestic and international manufacturers
- nationwide service providers
- healthcare systems, suppliers, providers and payers of all kinds
Clients and peers report that Mr. Boston is "clearly one of the leaders" in his field. His amiable style and intellectual approach to problem-solving balance a formidable courtroom presence and willingness to do battle. Businesses hire him for his reputation as a determined thinker and preeminent litigator. They rehire him because he delivers results.
During his career as a commercial and employment litigator, Mr. Boston has more than 30 federal and state reported and published appellate opinions from multiple jurisdictions. He has handled litigated matters in 28 states.
Mr. Boston serves as adjunct professor at Belmont University College of Law in Nashville.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Vanderbilt University, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL), Fellow
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Litigation Section; Board of Directors, Former Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member; Litigation Section, Member, Former Chair
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Litigation Section
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Private and Approved Arbitrator
- National Futures Association, Private and Approved Arbitrator
- Supreme Court of Tennessee, Board of Professional Responsibility, Hearing Panel Committee, Former Member
- Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Director
- Duck River Development Agency, At-Large Director
- EAR Foundation, Director and Chairman
- The Oak Hill School, Trustee
- CSM, III, Director
- Board Secretary and Executive Committee Member, Darkness to Light, Board Secretary, Executive Committee Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2008-2024; Commercial Litigation, 2007-2024; Employment Law - Management, 2011-2024; Labor Law - Management, 2011-2022, 2024; Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2011-2022, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Nashville Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year, 2024
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Labor and Employment, Litigation: General Commercial, 2003-2023
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, Employment and Labor, 2006-2023; Business Litigation, 2022, 2023
- Nashville Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2019-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated