Daniel Buchholz is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Mr. Buchholz focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation matters involving business torts, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, lender disputes, intellectual property (IP) disputes, and labor and employment issues. In addition, Mr. Buchholz has represented clients on appeal to the Florida District Courts of Appeal.
Mr. Buchholz's recent representative matters include:
- defended a nutritional supplement company in trade secret misappropriation and false advertising action in federal court injunction proceeding and against damages claims, resulting in denial of injunction and favorable settlement
- represented a healthcare information technology (IT) company in arbitration action resulting in successful recovery of all money owed under contract, including attorney's fees and cost
- represented a national airline company in a putative class action in which the plaintiff asserted that the client's Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) enrollment and eligibility notices failed to comply with U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) regulations; DOL filed amicus brief for the first time on evolving and disputed notification issue that supported defendant's position; federal district court recognized appellate court had "not directly addressed" the issue, expressly declined to follow decisions that allowed claims to proceed, and granted motion to dismiss before plaintiff dismissed claims with prejudice without settlement
- represented pro bono client in prosecution of claims for breach of contract and misrepresentation arising out of a real estate transaction, resulting in favorable settlement for all money owed
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Buchholz served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Virginia M. Hernandez Covington and the Honorable Thomas P. Barber of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
During law school, Mr. Buchholz interned for the Honorable Mark E. Walker of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida. Additionally, Mr. Buchholz was elected to serve as the editor-in-chief of the Florida State University Law Review. He also worked as a teaching assistant for business organizations, regulatory compliance, and legal writing and research.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.S., Business Management
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Federal Bar Association
- William Reece Smith Jr. Litigation American Inn of Court
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Book Award, Employment Law, Florida State University College of Law, 2017
- Book Award, Evidence, Florida State University College of Law, 2017
- Book Award, Liability Among Associated Business Entities, Florida State University College of Law, 2017
- Book Award, Corporations, Florida State University College of Law, 2016
- Book Award, Taxation, Florida State University College of Law, 2016
- Book Award, Criminal Law, Florida State University College of Law, 2016