Ethan Case is a corporate and private equity attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office. Mr. Case focuses his practice on private equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and general corporate matters. He represents financial buyers and sellers in a variety of complex business transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Case was an investment banker for a boutique Washington, D.C., investment bank in the firm's Atlanta office. In addition, Mr. Case has held roles in information technology, healthcare and financial services.
While in law school, Mr. Case was a managing editor for the Emory International Law Review. He was a research assistant to Vice Dean Joanna Shepherd, Professor George Shepherd and Professor George Georgiev, where he performed research on a variety of federal courts, historical and corporate governance legal topics. He also served as team captain for the Negotiations Competition Team as part of the Emory Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Society. Mr. Case participated in the interdisciplinary TI:GER technology and transactional program, where he worked with Georgia Institute of Technology graduate students to commercialize technology for an exit to a multinational pharmaceutical company and advise financial technology (FinTech) startups.
In business school at Emory University, Mr. Case served as treasurer for the Finance Club and was selected to be a Center for Alternative Investments Fellow, where he was on the Executive Leadership Team. Additionally, he was nominated to be an executive board member for the Real Estate Private Equity Fund, where he helped advise the Emory University Endowment on investment opportunities.
During college, Mr. Case was a member of Pi Kappa Delta, where he helped to coach high school speech teams and judge debate tournaments. He also served on the leadership team of the Investment Club and twice led a team to win the "Best Stock Pitch" competition hosted by a global Wall Street investment bank. Additionally, he was an active board member for the Community Service Council, where he helped to spearhead several service projects to aid community members.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Emory University, Goizueta Business School, MBA
- Bob Jones University, B.S., Accounting; Minor in Communications, summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's List, Emory University School of Law, 2020-2022
- TI:GER Certificate, Emory University School of Law, 2022
- Dean's Merit Scholarship, Emory University School of Law and Goizueta Business School, 2019-2022
- President's List, Bob Jones University, 2016-2019
- South Carolina Life, Legacy and Academic Excellence Fund Scholarships, Bob Jones University, 2016-2019
- Pi Kappa Delta