Christopher S. Cohen is a land use attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Mr. Cohen focuses his practice on helping developers, property owners and institutional clients obtain zoning approvals in Washington, D.C. He is involved in various aspects of real estate development and the municipal process, including proceedings before the Zoning Commission, the Board of Zoning Adjustment and the District of Columbia Council.
Specifically, Mr. Cohen's representation includes processing planned unit developments, securing map and text amendments to the District of Columbia Zoning Regulations, obtaining variance and special exception relief, and finalizing alley closings and street dedications.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Cohen was a land use and zoning associate with a regional law firm in Bethesda, Maryland, where he provided comprehensive representation for land use matters in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. Upon graduating law school, he served in the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, working with both the Zoning Commission and the Board of Zoning Adjustment.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- Emory University, B.B.A., Marketing and Business Law
- District of Columbia
- Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce, Next Execs Committee, 2018-Present
- NAIOP Maryland/D.C. Chapter, REEL Committee, 2018-Present
- Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Group Real Estate 101 Committee, 2018-Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2018-Present
- American Hellenic Lawyers Association of Washington, D.C., 2017-Present
- District of Columbia Bar Association, 2016-Present
- Federal Communications Law Journal, The George Washington University Law School, 2014-2016
- Greek Orthodox Youth of America, Advisor and Basketball Coach, 2012-Present
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Thurgood Marshall Scholar, The George Washington University Law School
- All-Academic University Athletic Association Honors, Emory University