Chase Cole is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Business and community leaders have turned to Mr. Cole for advice and counsel throughout his distinguished legal career. Matching the entrepreneurial drive and commitment of clients in both the public and private sectors, he is known and respected for his creativity, insight and ability to get things done. He has deep experience in securities and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions with excellent board and management communication skills and an entrepreneurial focus.
Senior leadership and boards of directors in a wide range of industries – such as healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, sports and entertainment, food and beverage – seek Mr. Cole's counsel on corporate governance and compliance with regulatory and listing requirements. He also represents these companies in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, securities offerings, board and committee work and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting.
In addition, Mr. Cole has lots of experience serving as the firm’s point person for its “outsourced general counsel” service to both public and private companies that find him to be a trusted advisor who can knowledgably coordinate the resources of Holland & Knight's full-service practice.
Another aspect of his experience is mediating private company governance and ownership disputes and deadlocks, often in his role corporate general counsel. His focus on this area of practice is unique in the Middle Tennessee market place.
Chambers USA described Mr. Cole as "a leading figure in the market ... famed for his work in public offerings."
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, A.B.
- National Association of Corporate Directors
- Society of International Business Fellows (SIBF), Executive Committee; Board of Directors, Past Chair; Former Tennessee Chair
- American Bar Association, Committees on Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Federal Regulation of Securities, Corporate Governance, Private Equity and Venture Capital and Legal Opinions
- Tennessee Bar Association, Corporate Law Revision Committee, Past Member
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association, Community Relations and Corporate and Commercial Practice Committees, Former Chairman
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee Annual Campaign, Chair, 2002
- Vanderbilt University Law School Alumni Board, Past Member
- Nashville Capital Network, Board of Directors, Past Member
- American Bar Association Section of Business Law Spring Meeting, Host Committee, Co-Chair, 2005
- Guest Lecturer on Public Offerings, Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management Entrepreneurship Program
- Hospitality and Retail Practice Group, Steering Committee
- Past Member and Dean's Council, Vanderbilt University Law School Alumni Board, Past Member, Dean's Council
- United Way, Tocqueville Society; Cockrill Cabinet, Former Member
- Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Fundraising Co-Chair, 2022; Local Organizing Committee, Board Member
- Music City Baseball, Finance Advisory Committee
- briteheart.org, Founder and Chairman
- Nashville Sports Council, Founder, Director, Past Chairman
- Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency, Board of Commissioners, Former Chairman
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center Management Corporation, Board of Directors, Past Chairman of the Board
- Leadership Nashville Class of 1998-99
- Nashville Wine Auction, L’Ete du Vin, Co-Chair, 2022
- Sous Commanderie de Nashville, Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin de Bourgogne, Founder and Cellerier
- Montgomery Bell Academy Alumni Board, Past Member
- U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Inc., Chairman, 1997
- Alcohol and Drug Council of Middle Tennessee, Past President
- Nashville Mayor Bill Purcell's Transition Team
- Nashville Women's Political Caucus, Committee of Men Who Believe in Women, Chair, 2001
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, Inter-City Visit Delegation
- Global Network Foundation, Past Board Member
- Belcourt Theatre Capital Campaign, Chair; Belcourt YES!, Founding Chair and Former Board Member
- Nashville Wine Auction, Former Board Member, Past Chair
- Nashville Symphony Association, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Former Member; 2001-2002 Annual Fundraising Campaign, Chair
- U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
- Nashville Young Leaders Council, Alumnus
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Senior Statesman, Corporate/M&A, 2003-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2006-2023; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2007-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Nashville Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, Securities and Corporate Finance, 2006-2020
- Best of the Bar, Corporate Securities, Nashville Business Journal, 2018-2022
- In Charge, Legal, Nashville Post, 2019-2022
- Spirit of SIBF Award, Society of International Business Fellows (SIBF), 2014
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year for the Convention and Visitors Bureau, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, 1992, 1993, 1999