William Coleman is an aircraft finance attorney in Holland & Knight's Portland office. Mr. Coleman has worked on a wide variety of general finance, asset and structured transactions, under both conventional and Islamic principles. He has represented a range of clients, including aircraft lessors, airlines, financial institutions and corporations.
Mr. Coleman's focus on the aviation industry has been complemented by two secondments to the in-house legal departments of an international Middle Eastern airline and an operating lessor based in Europe.
Before joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Coleman served as counsel at one of London's "Magic Circle" law firms where he spent more than 15 years working in various international offices, including London, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Germany, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. While at Holland & Knight, Mr. Coleman also spent a year based in the firm's Bogotá office.
Mr. Coleman's recent experience includes:
- advising on various airline aircraft portfolio commercial and guaranteed/insurance supported financings
- advising lessors in connection with multiple aircraft portfolio sales and acquisitions
- advising lessors in respect of airline Chapter 11 bankruptcies
Bar Admissions: England and Wales only; Authorized Foreign Law Consultant: State of Washington; Authorized Foreign Legal Consultant: State of Oregon
- College of Law York, Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- St John's College, Durham University, LL.B., European Legal Studies
- England and Wales
- The Legal 500, Transport: Aviation and Air Travel - Finance, 2021
- Tax Lease Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2020
- Who's Who Legal: Transport, Aviation Finance, 2021
- Structured Loan Deal of the Year, Bonds & Loans Turkey Awards, 2019
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Saudi Arabia: Banking & Finance, 2018; United Arab Emirates: Banking & Finance (Foreign Expert), 2013-2018
- Guide to the World's Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2018-2020
- Rising Star, Airfinance Journal, 2010