J. Raul Cosio
J. Raul Cosio is a partner in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the Commercial Litigation, Securities Litigation and International Arbitration and Litigation Practice Groups. His experience consists of representation of publicly traded and Fortune 500 corporations, domestic and international businesses, financial institutions and individuals in areas including complex business and commercial litigation, class actions, investor litigation, domestic and international contract and business claims, real estate disputes, various business torts, banking, banking fraud, trust and estates litigation, professional malpractice, corporate and partnership disputes, insurance claims, prejudgment and postjudgment remedies and shareholder disputes. He handles civil trials in both Florida state and federal courts and has conducted multiple arbitrations hearings. He also has substantial experience in litigation matters in the maritime and aviation industries, including charter party and lease disputes, collisions, foreclosures, lien enforcement and defense, and numerous contractual disputes.
Mr. Cosio has chaired Holland & Knight’s Latin American Focus Group, a group of more than 20 lawyers in numerous disciplines, who are serving the firm and its clients with respect to doing business in Latin America. Through his involvement in the Latin American Focus Group, he has developed close professional and social relationships with top legal counsel and business interests in nearly every country in Central and South America. He has practiced with Holland & Knight throughout his entire legal career.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of Miami, BBA, with honors
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Hispanic National Bar Foundation, Board of Directors
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Inter-American Bar Association
- University of Miami Citizen's Board
- University of Pennsylvania Law Alumni Society, Board of Managers
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Commercial Litigation, 2010-2021; Litigation - Securities, Litigation - Trusts and Estates, 2013-2021; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2020, 2021
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2019, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated