Raul Cosio is an experienced and accomplished first-chair trial lawyer and litigator in Holland & Knight's Miami office, where he focuses on civil practice in Florida. He serves as the firm's Litigation Section Billing and Collection Partner, co-chairs the firm's Latin America Practice Group and is a member of the firm's Finance and Financial Services Industry Sector Group. He has successfully tried to verdict dozens of civil trials in state and federal courts as well as in domestic and international arbitration proceedings. In addition, he has succeeded in obtaining significant verdicts and favorable settlements on behalf of many clients. He has noteworthy experience in the areas of business litigation, securities litigation, international litigation and arbitration, trusts and estates litigation, financial services litigation and commercial litigation. His experience consists of representation of multiple, large United States and Latin American Fortune 500 corporations, domestic and international businesses, financial institutions and individuals.
Mr. Cosio's representative matters include handling matters as lead counsel in complex business and commercial disputes, class actions, investor disputes, domestic and international contract and business claims, real estate disputes, various business torts, banking, banking fraud, breach of fiduciary claims, defense of professional malpractice claims, corporate and partnership disputes, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) claims, insurance coverage claims, prejudgment and post-judgment remedies, and shareholder disputes. He also has substantial experience in litigation matters in the maritime and aviation industries, including charter party and lease disputes, collisions, foreclosures, lien enforcement and defense, and numerous contractual disputes.
He has practiced with Holland & Knight throughout his entire legal career.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of Miami, BBA, with honors
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- All State Courts in Florida
- Hispanic National Bar Foundation, Board of Directors
- University of Pennsylvania Law Alumni Society, Board of Managers
- University of Miami Citizen's Board
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Inter-American Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Commercial Litigation, 2010-2023; Litigation - Securities, Litigation - Trusts and Estates, 2013-2023; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2020-2023
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2019-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated