Marcus Marion Crider
Marcus Crider is a labor and employment and litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. A broad range of companies – from some of the world's largest employers in manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, retail, as well as various hospitality companies, start-up companies and family-owned businesses – rely on Mr. Crider to defend them in labor and employment matters.
Clients form a strategic partnership with Mr. Crider to make decisions to avoid litigation and regulatory agency actions. His former experience as a federal judicial clerk has provided him with insight into the inner workings and processes of the court system, and what makes a difference in judicial decision-making and the resulting outcomes.
His experience includes:
- numerous federal jury trials involving alleged violations of Title VII, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and common law retaliation
- defending litigated matters ranging from complex multi-plaintiff claims involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and National Labor Relations Board
- assisting companies with traditional labor matters including contract negotiation, labor disputes and more than 50 arbitration cases involving contract interpretation and employee discipline
- assisting companies of all sizes in non-compete and related business litigation, including negotiation and drafting of employment agreements
Mr. Crider is also a frequent lecturer on various labor and employment law issues.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D.
- Northwestern Louisiana State University, B.A., Psychology
- All U.S. District Courts in Arkansas
- All U.S. District Courts in Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Nashville Bar Association, Member; Employment Law & Civil Rights Committee, Past Chair
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Tennessee Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Human Resources Committee
- Tennessee Hospitality Association, Board Member
- University of Arkansas Alumni Association, Middle Tennessee Chapter, Past President
- Woodmont Christian Church
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Labor & Employment, 2008-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Employment Law - Management, 2014-2021, 2023-2024; Labor Law - Management, 2015-2024; Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2014-2021, 2023-2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Nashville Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, Employment and Labor, 2012-2022; Appellate, 2022; General Litigation, 2022
- Martindale Hubbell AV-Rated