Bibiana A. Cruz is a tax attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the firm's Corporate Services Team. Ms. Cruz focuses her practice on domestic and international tax issues. In addition, she is a certified public accountant (CPA).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Cruz worked for several law firms in Puerto Rico where she advised local and international clients on state and local tax planning as well as tax controversies in both English and Spanish. She further assisted clients in the application for and negotiation of tax incentives grants with the Puerto Rico tax authorities.
During law school, Ms. Cruz served as an associate director of the University of Puerto Rico Law Review.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Puerto Rico, B.S.B.A., Accounting and Finance, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Puerto Rico
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, U.S. Activities of Foreigners and Tax Treaties Committee, Vice Chair, 2023-2024
- Puerto Rico Certified Public Accountants Society, 2008-Present
- American Bar Association, Taxation, 2019-Present
- John S. Nolan Fellow, American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Taxation, 2023-2024
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Finance Award, University of Puerto Rico, 2007