Michelle DeVos is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group. She focuses her practice on comprehensive estate and tax planning. Ms. DeVos is experienced in drafting wills, complex trusts and other estate planning instruments designed to preserve wealth for high-net-worth individuals and their families.
During law school, Ms. DeVos was highly active in STREET Law, which is an educational, legal outreach program that trains current law students to teach at schools throughout Miami-Dade County. Ms. DeVos, who has Asperger syndrome, used the platform to provide anti-bullying presentations in all of the schools that participate in the program. She also served as a legal intern at the Broward State Attorney's Office and at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts for Miami-Dade County.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Florida Atlantic University, B.B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- University of Miami School of Law, Alumni Association
- Best Buddies International
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Director's Award in Estate Planning, University of Miami School of Law, 2019
- Director's Award in Limitations on Loss Utilization, University of Miami School of Law, 2019
- Director's Award in International Inbound Taxation, University of Miami School of Law, 2018
- Dean's Scholar Award, LL.M. Student with the Highest GPA, University of Miami School of Law, 2018
- CALI Award for Representing Nonprofit and Social Enterprises, University of Miami School of Law, 2017