Alexander Dudley is a Fort Lauderdale attorney in Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Mr. Dudley focuses his practice on assisting clients in the investigation and litigation of complex fraud schemes and commercial litigation. He represents clients in nationwide matters in state and federal court, and has experience in all aspects of the litigation process, including electronic discovery and electronically-stored information (ESI), class actions and trial preparation.
Mr. Dudley's notable matters include:
- obtaining a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration award denying customer claims and recommending expungement of former employee's disclosure where customer alleged financial institution breached fiduciary duty and violated suitability obligations
- representing audiology and vision networks in defense of a data breach class action brought on behalf of a nationwide class of more than one million individuals
- obtaining a $159 million jury verdict for compensatory and punitive damages on behalf of a major cruise line against the manufacturer of essential vessel parts for claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation
- representing a national property and casualty insurance company in a favorable settlement against a medical provider who was uniformly treating auto-accident patients and improperly overbilling the patients for their treatment to maximize profits by exhausting the patients' personal injury protection (PIP) insurance
- prevailing on summary judgment on claims for violations of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA) on behalf of a national property and casualty insurance company in a dispute arising from the healthcare provider's submissions of fraudulent charges arising from predetermined, medically unnecessary and unlawfully rendered treatment
- advising client on pursuing new legal theory related to damages under Florida law that had previously never been advanced by a property and casualty insurance company
Mr. Dudley also maintains an active pro bono practice, which ranges from assisting military veterans to representing domestic violence and stalking victims. Notably, Mr. Dudley helped secure a favorable settlement for a military veteran in a litigation brought against a roofing company.
During law school, Mr. Dudley served as an articles and comments editor for the University of Miami Law Review. He worked as a Dean's Fellow for Professor Shakira Pleasant's Legal Communication and Research class, as well as a research assistant to Professor Caroline Bettinger-Lopez on projects related to human rights.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida International University, B.A., International Relations and English, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Order of Barristers, University of Miami School of Law
- Dean's Fellow, University of Miami School of Law, 2018-2019
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement Award, Legal Communication and Research II, University of Miami School of Law, 2017
- Dean's Merit Scholarship, University of Miami School of Law, 2016-2019
- Dean's List, University of Miami School of Law, 2016-2019