Jorge R. Escobar is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the firm's Real Estate practice. Mr. Escobar focuses his practice on the representation of clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, development and finance of condominium, office, hotel, warehouse and mixed-use projects.
Mr. Escobar regularly represents local and national institutional lenders in connection with complex commercial loan transactions, including construction loans, permanent loans secured by real estate, asset-backed loans, collaborative modifications and workouts as well as distressed asset sales and acquisitions.
Additionally, Mr. Escobar represents both private and public clients in the purchase, sale, leasing, and the development and financing of commercial real estate transactions.
- Represented Global City Development in the acquisition of property adjacent to Florida International University's main campus, to be developed as a 20-floor luxury apartment tower for student housing
- Represented an affiliate of Institutional Multifamily Partners in the $60 million acquisition of Delray Preserve, a luxury apartment complex consisting of 188 units in Delray Beach, Florida
- Represented First United Methodist Church of Miami in the $55 million sale of its property, located in downtown Miami, to Property Markets Group and subsequent seller-provided financing of $35 million; the property is to be developed as an apartment tower with a church located in the lobby level of the structure
- Represented a nationally renowned real estate investment firm in several transactions, including 1) the $92 million acquisition of a luxury apartment complex consisting of more than 280 units in Boca Raton, Florida; 2) the $84 million acquisition of a newly constructed multifamily midrise building in the Legacy West District of Plano, Texas; and (3) the $101.7 million acquisition of a luxury apartment complex in Melrose, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston
- Represented a national bank on a $42 million loan to finance construction of an office building in Miami
- Represented Banco Popular on a $27.8 million and $17.5 million loan to finance the construction of two Marriott flagship-affiliated hotels in Orlando and Tampa, Florida
- Represented Banco Popular in all aspects of real estate finance, including a $100 million portfolio of properties, construction and renovation loans, hotel loans, as well as owner-occupied facilities
- Represented a nationally renowned real estate investment firm in financing transactions, including a $42 million loan to finance its multifamily midrise building in the Legacy West District of Plano, Texas, and a $50.85 million loan to finance its luxury apartment complex in the suburb in Melrose Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D.
- Florida International University, B.S.
- The Florida Bar, Professional Ethics Committee, 2017-2020
- Florida International University President's Council
- Florida International University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- ULI Southeast Florida Leadership Institute, Class of 2019
- United Way of Miami-Dade Young Leaders
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Prospera-South Florida Regional Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute