John Flaherty is a Connecticut private equity attorney and focuses his practice primarily on mergers and acquisitions, as well as other strategic investment, capital raising, and financing transactions. Mr. Flaherty represents private equity funds, middle-market companies whose growth and profitability are based on technology products and services, and large companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions with middle-market targets.
Mr. Flaherty's representative matters include:
- assisting a private equity group with the sale of a leading marketer and distributor of health and personal care products
- counseling the owners of an inventory management and logistics company on the sale of the company to a Fortune 500 company
- guiding an international logistics and freight forwarding company in its joint venture in Mexico City
- representation of the majority stockholder of a leading manufacturer of physical therapy and rehabilitation equipment in the sale of their interest to a major publicly traded medical device manufacturer
- regular engagement by a specialty finance company with respect to transactions involving acquisition lines of credit, senior secured loans, junior secured loans and other subordinated loans (transactions frequently involve intercreditor arrangements that govern payment and lien priority as well as rights in shared collateral)
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
- Columbia College, A.B.
- St. Vincent's Health Services, St. Vincent's Hospital, former Board Member
- Stamford Symphony Orchestra, former Board Member