Laura A. Franklin is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Real Estate Section. Ms. Franklin represents clients in a wide range of transactional real estate matters, including real estate acquisitions, sales and leasing, as well as complex real estate financing transactions.
Ms. Franklin routinely represents institutional owners and public and private companies in the ownership, operation, management, financing and leasing of Class A office buildings. She also represents office, retail and telecommunications tenants, and helps her clients negotiate and draft effective leases and understand all of their implications.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Franklin was an attorney at a global law firm in its New York office.
While in law school, Ms. Franklin was the associate managing editor of the St. John's Law Review.
- Represented several prominent institutional owners and private companies in the development, leasing, operation and management of Class A Manhattan office building portfolios
- Represented a financial services company in the leasing of its New York City headquarters
- Represented a leading global media company in the leasing of telecommunications facilities throughout the United States
- Represented a private developer in the negotiation of Manhattan retail leases with prominent luxury brands
- Represented a European quick-serve restaurant in the leasing of its first United States locations
- Represented commercial banks in the leasing of office and retail branch locations throughout the country
- Represented a global private real estate management company in the operation, management and leasing of Manhattan landmarked buildings
- Represented a national multimedia company in the leasing of broadcast studio space throughout the United States
- Represented a global leader in financial information services in the leasing of its New York City headquarters
- Represented a growing healthcare information systems company in the leasing of office space for expansion to new markets
- Represented a joint venture in its $83 million sale of an office building in New York City
- Represented a leading institutional capital markets platform in the acquisition and financing of a luxury high-rise condominium in downtown Chicago
- Represented a distinguished newspaper company in the sale of its distribution centers and office spaces throughout the United States
- Represented a business development company in the acquisition and subdivision of an office park
- Represented a leading single-tenant real estate investment and asset management company in the acquisition, financing and disposition of a luxury hotel in Waikiki, Hawaii
- Represented a private developer in its $145 million refinancing of a Class A office building in New York
- Represented a private developer in the $70 million refinancing of a luxury condominium building on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C.
- Represented an owner in connection with a $123 million construction loan for renovation and rehabilitation of an office building in Manhattan
- Represented a private company in the acquisition financing of an industrial property in Detroit
- Represented a private developer in the modification of a construction loan and $97 million permanent financing of a landmarked office building in New York City
- Represented a private developer in fee and leasehold financing of several properties in a Manhattan office portfolio
- Represented a global private real estate management company in the construction, development and leasing of distribution center in New York
- Represented a national multimedia company in the construction and renovation of broadcast studio spaces
- Represented an institutional owner in connection with construction and rehabilitation of retail and office space in the Soho neighborhood of New York
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Providence College, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York