Thomas Freed is a Stamford corporate and private equity attorney who counsels clients on issues concerning mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, venture capital, securities offerings, joint ventures and cross-border business counseling.
Mr. Freed works with Fortune 1000 companies and entrepreneurs that are undertaking middle-market mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. He also represents individuals and entities that provide and receive seed and venture capital; private equity funds and private companies engaged in mergers and acquisitions; and other strategic lending and capital-raising transactions.
Mr. Freed's representative matters include:
- representation of the founders of a generic top-level domain (gTLD) bidder in the formation and capitalization of a new entity
- representation of an investor of a limited liability company in a stock acquisition of a sports signage company
- representation of a division of a Fortune 500 company in its acquisition of an interest in a decision sciences and analytics services company
- guidance to a longtime venture capital client in connection with the raising of its new fund
- representation of a large publicly traded manufacturing company and its new ventures division in connection with negotiation and structuring of a strategic joint venture
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2017-2023
- IFLR1000, The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms, Highly Regarded, Corporate, M&A, 2020; Highly Regarded - State, Corporate and M&A, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Stamford Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2019, 2021
- The Legal 500, 2015
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Corporate/M&A, 2015-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2014