Aaron N. Goldberg
Aaron Goldberg is a New York attorney who practices in the areas of corporate and securities law. While maintaining a broad portfolio, Mr. Goldberg focuses on representing entrepreneurs, startup/emerging growth companies and joint ventures in every stage of development, from formation through financings and exit. Mr. Goldberg provides both ongoing operational counsel as well as transaction-specific services, and has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, such as LLC and complex joint venture agreements, software, media and other intellectual property licenses, sales contracts, as well as leases and manufacturing and distribution agreements.
In addition to his work with emerging growth companies, Mr. Goldberg spends a significant portion of his time representing private equity firms and other clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions transactions (including the purchase and sale of various sports teams), venture capital investments, international and cross-border transactions, public and private debt and equity offerings, securities law and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting matters, and regulatory and corporate governance matters. Mr. Goldberg’s experience also includes representing investors and real estate developers in structuring and negotiating joint venture agreements and financing arrangements.
Mr. Goldberg represents clients in a wide range of industries, including technology, software, media, music and entertainment, e-commerce, consumer products, real estate, transportation and shipping, and financial services. Mr. Goldberg's entertainment law experience includes representing writers and musicians, as well as producers and production companies, in the television, film and digital media industries.
In addition, Mr. Goldberg assists the firm's Legal Profession Team advising lawyers and law firms with respect to entity selection, partnership and corporate structuring, conflicts, lawyer mobility, fiduciary duties and law firm combinations. He also drafts formation and governance documentation for law firm clients.
Mr. Goldberg's pro bono work focuses on representing artists and the formation of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations.
- Real Estate Development: Representing U.S. and European sponsors and developers financing and acquiring commercial and residential portfolios
- Strategic Mergers and Acquisitions: Representing buyers and sellers of strategic companies and assets
- Private Equity Transactions: Representing private equity firms establishing joint ventures to acquire portfolio companies and real estate assets
- Angel and Venture Capital Transactions: Representing investors and emerging growth companies in connection with Series A rounds and other private securities offerings
- Debt Financing: Representing borrowers and lenders in connection with a variety of secured facilities
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, General Course Certificate
- Brandeis University, B.A., History, Political Science, with highest honors
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Archibald E. Murray Public Service Award