RJ Hamilton is a commercial real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Mr. Hamilton has significant broad-based experience in corporate and institutional representation, retail, office and industrial leasing, acquisitions and dispositions, entrepreneurial real estate projects, and senior and mezzanine financing for projects secured by real estate.
In his practice, Mr. Hamilton has represented major institutional investors, Fortune 100 companies, national retailers and entrepreneurial developers in real estate projects nationally and across the Washington, D.C., area.
Mr. Hamilton has experience in landlord- and tenant-side leasing representation, and has worked on leases of all sizes in retail shopping centers, mixed use, residential and office buildings, and industrial and flex sites. In addition, he has represented institutional investors and local developers in the acquisition and disposition of improved real estate, including all aspects of due diligence, financing and closing logistics.
- Represented a major government contractor in office and industrial leasing, site consolidation, real estate litigation management and real estate due diligence for corporate acquisitions, including a $40 million corporate headquarters transaction
- Represented a major government contractor with respect to its corporate real estate matters, including more than 2 million square feet of office, industrial and flex space leases, $100 million corporate headquarters relocation, aircraft hangar acquisition and site development matters
- Represented an air rights project developer in Washington, D.C., for the relocation of historic buildings and the construction of related new improvements
- Represented a national bank in the management of institutional assets, including the acquisition of a $320 million office property in Chicago and a $100 million mixed-use residential building in Los Angeles
- Represented an entrepreneurial developer in the acquisition and repositioning of a series of commercial condominiums in the Georgetown area of Washington, D.C.
- Represented an institutional real estate investment trust (REIT) in the acquisition of a $35 million, 450,000-square-foot grocery-anchored retail center in Forestville, MD, and a $36 million, 600,000-square-foot distribution center in Logan Township, NJ
- Represented an institutional joint venture in the disposition of a $140 million industrial property portfolio located in Lehigh Valley, PA
- Represented a limited partnership fund in a series of entrepreneurial mezzanine loans for distressed residential projects, typically for site development and vertical construction financing
- Represented a national bank in the refinance of a $75 million permanent loan for a multi-building office project in Richmond, VA
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia