L. Bradley Hancock
L. Bradley Hancock is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston and Austin offices and a member of the firm's Litigation Practice. Mr. Hancock is the executive partner of the Houston office and counsels clients on complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution, with a focus on commercial disputes, class actions, financial institutions litigation, privacy and data security issues, product and intellectual property disputes, energy matters, and significant employment and labor law actions.
Mr. Hancock has extensive courtroom experience as lead counsel in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He handles and tries numerous jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, appeals, administrative matters and other disputes in more than 22 states and internationally. While taking an aggressive approach is prudent in some instances, Mr. Hancock is cognizant of appropriate measures to take in resolving cases early and efficiently when possible. He often is asked to resolve or try complex matters on short notice, being retained late in cases specifically to act as lead trial counsel.
In addition, Mr. Hancock is a frequent lecturer at seminars, in-house meetings and client gatherings on a variety of matters, including a wide range of litigation topics, ethics, employment and labor issues, privacy and data security, federal and state compliance, commercial litigation and professional liability.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, B.A., History
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All U.S. District Courts in Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Life Fellow
- Texas Tech Law School Foundation, Board of Trustees
- State Bar of Texas, Corporate Counsel Section, Chair, 2015-2016; Vice-Chair, 2013-2014; Board Member, 2011-present
- State Bar of Texas, Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- State Bar of Texas, Pattern Jury Charges Committee for Business, Consumer, Insurance & Employment Edition, 2012-2014
- State Bar of Texas, Grievance Panel, District 4 Chair, 2008-2009
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2002-2008
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Leadership Academy, Co-Founder and Co-Chair, 2002-2003, 2005-2006
- Leadership Houston, Board of Directors, 2001-2005
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Chair, Board of Directors, 2008-2009
- Leadership Houston, Class XVIII
- Petroleum Club of Houston, Member
- Petroleum Club Young Professionals Association, Alliance Chair, 2004-2005
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2016-2020
- Outstanding Young Houstonian, Houston Junior Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Law360 Product Liability Practice Group of the Year, Team Member, 2011
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Presidential Citation, 2003, 2005, 2007-2008
- Pro Bono Service Award, Texas Appleseed, 2008
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2004-2007