Tamra Harris is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Chattanooga office. Ms. Harris represents hospital systems, medical device manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies in government investigations involving the False Claims Act (FCA), Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) and Stark Law. She is experienced in proceedings and litigation at the administrative, state and federal levels, as well as responding to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) enforcement actions. Ms. Harris aligns her advocacy efforts with her clients' specific business operations and systems, focusing on reconciling newly emerging technology and business structures with existing regulatory requirements.
In addition, Ms. Harris guides her clients through operational and regulatory compliance assessments, advising clients on healthcare compliance programs, FDA compliance matters, enforcement actions, internal investigations and defense of external investigations. Drawing from her experience in crisis management, Ms. Harris works to reduce interruption, allowing her clients to continue providing critical healthcare services nationwide and abroad.
Ms. Harris' extended legal background includes volunteering at Nicaragua's Human Rights Commission and working with state legislators to combat human trafficking.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- Weber State University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- American Bar Association
- Justices Ray L. Brock Jr. and Robert E. Cooper American Inns of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- National Team Champions and First Place Individual Oralist, Uvaldo Herrera National Moot Court Competition