William J. Kent
William Kent advises privately held companies, long-term holding companies, private equity sponsors and venture capital firms in a broad range of transactional, corporate and securities matters. From mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions to general corporate matters, Mr. Kent has closed transactions ranging from a few hundred thousand to multi-billion dollars. Clients in the healthcare, manufacturing, technology, hospitality and retail sectors value his counsel on both strategic and operational matters.
His practice involves:
- representing sellers and buyers in both public and private company transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures.
- advising companies in a broad range of general corporate matters including commercial contract negotiation, equity transactions and general business matters.
- representing both private and publicly-traded companies on a variety of corporate governance, securities issuances and securities regulation matters.
- assisting founders in formation and negotiation of long-term holding companies and subsequent mergers and acquisitions.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, MBA
- University of Georgia, BBA, cum laude
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Growth
- American Health Law Association
- University of Georgia Alumni Association
- Georgia Bulldog Club
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Securities Regulation, 2023
- Securities Regulation, 2023