Bradford D. Kimbro
Brad Kimbro is a Board Certified Business Litigation attorney. He is a Certified Mediator (and member of the prestigious National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals), a Certified Public Accountant, and serves as the Executive Partner for Holland & Knight's Tampa Bay region.
Mr. Kimbro is an experienced and accomplished trial lawyer who focuses on civil trial practice in Florida. He was named the 2021 Lawyer of the Year for Tampa Litigation – Banking and Finance by The Best Lawyers in America guide, one of the top 100 lawyers in the state of Florida by Super Lawyers since 2009, and a member of Florida Trend's Legal Elite "Hall of Fame" since 2017. Mr. Kimbro has also been named as the Top Sports Attorney in Tampa by Tampa Magazine since 2016 and one of Tampa Bay's most influential business leaders in the Tampa Bay Business Journal Power 100 list.
Mr. Kimbro is experienced in complex commercial litigation, including business torts, securities, professional negligence, noncompetition agreements, petroleum marketing, and creditors' rights litigation. He is a member of the firm's Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Sector Group and has significant experience representing medical professionals and medical centers.
Mr. Kimbro has held numerous positions of bar leadership, including President of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Chair of the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Trial and Litigation Section, and Chair of The Florida Bar's Thirteenth Circuit Grievance Committee. He is a member and former President of the Wm. Reece Smith Inn of Court and former Chair of the Hillsborough County Bar Foundation. Mr. Kimbro has been a frequent speaker for The Florida Bar, including numerous presentations at the Bar's Practicing with Professionalism seminars.
Mr. Kimbro graduated first in his law school class at the University of Florida, where he was a member of Florida Blue Key, Omicron Delta Kappa, and Order of the Coif, and served as Managing Editor of the Florida Law Review. Mr. Kimbro received his mediation training at Harvard Law School, where he completed the Harvard Negotiation Institute's program for Mediating Disputes.
In addition to his trial practice and professional activities, Mr. Kimbro has served as President of the University Club of Tampa, board member for Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club, and board member of the Tampa Theatre.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- University of Florida, M.A., Accounting
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, with high honors
- Harvard Law School, Harvard Negotiation Institute, Mediating Disputes Program
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Florida, 2021
- Second District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission, 2015-2019; Chair, 2018-2019
- 13th Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee 2014-2016
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, former President
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Board Member, 2019-2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial and Litigation Section, former Chair
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation, Chair
- The Florida Bar, Thirteenth Circuit Grievance Committee "B," former Chair
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2006-present
- University Club of Tampa, former President
- Tampa Theatre, former Board of Directors member
- American Heart Association, Heart Walk Executive Committee, 2017-2019; Lawyers with Heart Initiative, 2015-Present
- William Reece Smith Inn of Court, Executive Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tampa Litigation - Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year, 2021
- Michael A. Fogarty Memorial "In the Trenches" Award for Civil Trial Practice, Hillsborough County Bar Association Trial & Litigation Section, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2020; Top 100 Lawyers in Florida beginning in 2009; Top 50 in Tampa Bay beginning in 2013
- Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame, Florida Trend magazine, 2017-2020
- Top Sports Law Attorney in Tampa, Tampa Magazine, 2016-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Securities, 2006-2018; Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions, 2006-2021; Litigation - Real Estate, 2019-2021; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2020, 2021
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2007-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Power 100, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2016, 2017, 2021
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Recognized Practitioner, Litigation: General Commercial, 2017
- Corporate LiveWire Global Awards, Professional Negligence, 2015