Bradford D. Kimbro
Brad Kimbro's Mediation Availability Calendar
Brad Kimbro is a Board Certified Business Litigation attorney and member of the prestigious National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. He is a Certified Mediator, Certified Public Accountant, and has for many years served as the Executive Partner for Holland & Knight's Tampa Bay region.
Mr. Kimbro is an accomplished civil trial lawyer with significant jury and bench trial experience throughout Florida. He was named by his peers as Top Lawyer – Mediation for Tampa in 2023 in TAMPA Magazine, the 2023 Lawyer of the Year for Tampa Litigation – Banking and Finance by The Best Lawyers in America guide, one of the top 100 lawyers in the state of Florida by Super Lawyers for more than a decade, and member of Florida Trend's Legal Elite "Hall of Fame." Mr. Kimbro has also been named as the Top Sports Attorney in Tampa and one of Tampa Bay's most influential business leaders in the Tampa Bay Business Journal Power 100 list. In 2022, he received the prestigious Professionalism Award from the judges and lawyers on the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee.
Mr. Kimbro has broad experience litigating complex commercial matters, including business torts, contracts, professional negligence, employment matters, noncompetition agreements, securities matters, petroleum marketing claims, creditors' rights, personal injury, mass torts, and myriad other civil matters. He has represented medical professionals, medical centers, professional sports teams, utilities, and all types of business entities.
Mr. Kimbro has been active in bar leadership, including service as president of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, chair of the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Trial and Litigation Section, and chair of The Florida Bar's Thirteenth Circuit Grievance Committee. He is a member and former president of the Wm. Reece Smith Inn of Court, and is the former Chair of the Hillsborough County Bar Foundation. Mr. Kimbro has been a frequent speaker for The Florida Bar, including numerous presentations at the Bar's Practicing with Professionalism seminars.
Mr. Kimbro graduated first in his law school class at the University of Florida, where he was a member of Florida Blue Key and Order of the Coif, and served as managing editor of the Florida Law Review.
Mr. Kimbro received mediation training at Harvard Law School, where he completed the Harvard Negotiation Institute's program for Mediating Disputes.
In addition to his trial practice and professional activities, Mr. Kimbro has served as president of the University Club of Tampa, board member for Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club, and board member of the Tampa Theatre.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- University of Florida, M.A., Accounting
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, with high honors
- Harvard Law School, Harvard Negotiation Institute, Mediating Disputes Program
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Certified Mediator, Florida
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Second District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission, Chair
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, President
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Board Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial and Litigation Section, Chair
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation, Chair
- The Florida Bar, Thirteenth Circuit Grievance Committee, Chair
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- University Club of Tampa, President
- Tampa Theatre, Board Member
- American Heart Association, Heart Walk Executive Committee; Lawyers with Heart Initiative
- William Reece Smith Inn of Court, Executive Committee, President
- Top Lawyer - Mediation in Tampa, TAMPA Magazine, 2023
- Professionalism Award, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee, 2022
- Michael A. Fogarty Memorial "In the Trenches" Award for Civil Trial Practice, Hillsborough County Bar Association Trial & Litigation Section, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tampa Litigation - Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year, 2021, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions, 2006-2023; Litigation - Real Estate, 2019-2023; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2020-2023
- Tampa Bay Power 100, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2016, 2017, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Florida Legal Elite: Hall of Fame, Florida Trend magazine, 2017-2022; listed 2007-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Florida 2009 -2023
- Top Sports Law Attorney in Tampa, Tampa Magazine, 2016-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Recognized Practitioner, Litigation: General Commercial, 2017
- Corporate LiveWire Global Awards, Professional Negligence, 2015