Steve Kirkham is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Clients with challenging development schedules or complex real estate acquisitions rely on Mr. Kirkham to bring their transactions to successful closings. He efficiently handles high-value and high-transaction real estate portfolios for clients operating locations across the country. Despite the heavy development schedules set out by these clients, he maintains their timeline and gets the deals done. Described as "unflappable," he confidently solves problems with a persistent, yet pleasant style.
Mr. Kirkham is also the top-of-mind attorney for owners and developers of apartment complexes across the country, regardless of whether the project is to acquire new property or assist with complex ownership structures and securitized lending. He often oversees his client's broader legal needs, assisting C-suite executives with corporate finance, litigation management, corporate governance and other matters and supervising multi-disciplinary legal teams.
His experience includes:
- shopping center and retail development, including preparation of reciprocal easement agreements and other shopping center governance documents
- acquisition, financing and deal structure of multifamily projects
- lease transactions
- acquisitions and dispositions
- financing, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) transactions
- reverse build-to-suit transactions
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D.
- University of Kentucky, B.S.
- Nashville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Real Estate, 2003-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2011-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated
- Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning, American Lawyer Media, 2023