Mark Kreitman is a New York attorney in Holland & Knight's Tax Credit Transactions Practice. He represents private equity funds, direct investors, lenders and borrowers with respect to their investments in affordable housing that utilizes tax credit benefits.
With more than 30 years of experience in the tax credits arena, Mr. Kreitman has collaborated with clients to successfully close nearly $10 billion of equity and debt in affordable housing investment vehicles. He is well-versed in transactions that combine different types of tax credits on both the federal and state levels with tax-exempt bonds and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) financing. These transactions often include the involvement of public housing agencies and nonprofit developers.
Mr. Kreitman has extensive experience advising on acquisition and rehabilitation transactions in which short-term, tax-exempt bonds are issued by state housing agencies to generate low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs). He also advises clients on historic rehabilitation tax credits. Mr. Kreitman counsels on structuring multi-investor syndications, developing public-private partnerships for urban neighborhood revitalizations and creating tax-advantaged investment programs.
In addition, Mr. Kreitman closely tracks tax reform developments on Capitol Hill and advises clients on how to position themselves to take advantage of any potential outcome.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property
- American Bar Association, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Housing & Urban Development
- New York State Association for Affordable Housing
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Empire State Counsel, New York State Bar Association, 2015