Olufunke O. Leroy is a real estate attorney who handles all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development and financing of commercial real estate. Ms. Leroy represents owners, developers and investors in the purchase, sale and development of real property from agreement through closing and counsels clients on zoning and land use matters. Based in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office, Ms. Leroy's practice encompasses work within Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware as well as the District of Columbia.
In her leasing practice, Ms. Leroy regularly advises landlords and tenants in the leasing of office, retail and industrial spaces as well as supports and analyzes ground leasing transactions. She is also experienced in counseling on matters at the intersection of corporate and real estate, including corporate due diligence, the negotiation of leases and other real estate agreements on behalf of early-stage and more established companies.
Ms. Leroy was selected to the 2021 Class of Pathfinders for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), which consists of more than 300 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who are committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive legal profession.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Leroy was an associate at a national law firm. She had previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable Randy J. Holland of the Delaware Supreme Court and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Christopher J. Burke of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
During law school, Ms. Leroy was a copy editor for the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.
In the community, Ms. Leroy serves on the board of the Homeless Advocacy Project and provides pro bono services through Philadelphia VIP to low-income individuals, families and nonprofits. She has also provided volunteer services to the Wills for Heroes Foundation and the Pennsylvania Innocence Project.
- Widener University Delaware Law School, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Delaware, B.A.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trusts and Estates Section, Fellow, 2020-2022
- Black Commercial Real Estate Network (BCREN), Board of Advisors, 2022
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division - Real Property Committee 2020-Present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Real Property Section Executive Committee, 2021
- Delaware State Bar Association, Multicultural Judges and Lawyers Section Executive Committee, 2017-Present; Haile L. Alford Memorial Breakfast Committee, Chair, 2016-Present
- Homeless Advocacy Project, Board of Directors, 2019-Present
- Justice at Work, Board Observer, 2019-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Pennsylvania Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2024
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine, 2023
- Professional Excellence Diversity Initiative Award, The Legal Intelligencer, 2021
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, 2020