Doug Lionberger is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston and New York offices. Mr. Lionberger focuses his practice on capital markets and corporate law, including securities offerings, private equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and general corporate representation.
Mr. Lionberger's capital markets experience includes the representation of issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings (IPOs) as well as public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. He also works with private equity investors, their portfolio companies, and a variety of other public and private companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and strategic investments.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Lionberger was an attorney for an international law firm in its Houston and New York offices.
- Represented a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm, as underwriter's counsel, in the special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) initial public offering (IPO) for a blank check company with a business purpose to effect a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses
- Represented a diversified portfolio of midstream assets in its $147 million initial public offering (IPO) of common units
- Represented a commercial real estate finance company in its $233 million IPO of common stock
- Represented an operator and developer of coal mines in its $81 million IPO of common stock
- Represented a provider of sand-based proppant solutions in its $400 million IPO of common stock by a selling stockholder
- Represented the underwriters to a third-party provider of mission-critical compression services in its $198 million IPO of common units
- Represented the underwriters to a leading international provider of offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells in its $391 million IPO of common units
- Represented a leading producer of thermal coal in its $350 million IPO of common units
- Represented an owner and operator of the world's largest fleet of handy-size liquified gas carriers in its $262 million IPO of common stock
- Represented the underwriters to an owner, operator, developer and acquirer of pipelines and other midstream logistic assets in its $300 million private placement of common units
- Represented an independent oil and natural gas company in its $158 million public offering of common stock
- Represented a third-party provider of mission-critical compression services in its $77 million public offering of common units
- Represented a hydrocarbon exploration company in its $964 million public offering of common stock
- Represented a distributor of petroleum in its $363 million public offering of common units
- Represented the underwriters to an oil and natural gas pipeline company in its $500 million offering of senior notes
- Represented an independent oil and natural gas company in its $200 million offering of senior notes
- Represented a manufacturer and provider of nitrogen fertilizer products in its $645 million offering of senior notes
- Represented an owner, operator, developer and acquirer of terminals, storage tanks, pipelines and other logistical assets in its $300 million offering of senior notes
- Represented a distributor of petroleum in its $500 million offering of investment grade notes
- Represented a global energy-saving bitcoin mining operator and clean-tech company in its combination with a blank check company; representation also included handling the completion of the deal for the company to become a publicly listed
- Represented a Houston-based developer of cloud-based surface and subsea robots, software and associated services, in connection with a business combination with a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC)
- Represented a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services, in its definitive agreement to be acquired by a global private equity firm, for an equity value of approximately $1.3 billion
- Represented a publicly traded SPAC in connection with its business combination agreement with a leading specialty e-commerce platform for higher-end barbecue grills, grilling accessories and outdoor living products
- Represented an entrepreneur and his affiliates in the acquisition of a Texas-based cafeteria-style restaurant chain
- Represented a provider of high-quality completion services in the $284.5 million sale to one of the largest pure-play providers of integrated well completion services in the U.S.
- Represented an independent oil and natural gas company in the $2.4 billion acquisition a leading private oil and gas company
- Represented an innovative leader in proppant and logistics services to the North American petroleum industry in the drop down of an owner of a 1,187-acre facility with integrated rail infrastructure and production capacity of 1.6 million tons of frac sand per year
- Represented a third-party provider of mission-critical compression services in its $187 million acquisition of compression assets from an oil and gas exploration service company in exchange for common stock units representing 20 percent of limited partnership interests in the company
- Represented a manufacturer and marketer of chemical products in the $2.3 billion sale of a global energy specialty products and services company to a developer of services, technology and systems that specialize in water treatment, purification, cleaning and hygiene
- Represented an infrastructure-focused private equity firm in the acquisition of a marine terminal company
- Represented a manager of coal and natural resource properties in its $1 billion acquisition of energy pipeline company and the related equity financing
- Represented a distributor of petroleum in the $1.7 billion acquisition an owner of the largest storage terminal facility in the Caribbean, and the related equity financing
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, B.A.
- New York