Cynthia Liu is an asset finance attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where she focuses on commercial aircraft finance. Ms. Liu represents commercial banks, leasing companies, borrowers, lenders, initial purchasers, arrangers, private equity investors and airlines in connection with secured and unsecured lending, simple and complex bank loans, sale/lease transactions and other financing transactions in the U.S. and abroad.
In addition, Ms. Liu has extensive experience in international trade, including U.S. export controls, sanctions, trade policy, World Trade Organization (WTO) litigation and trade remedies.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Liu was an attorney at an international law firm in its Washington, D.C., office.
Not yet admitted to Texas Bar; admitted to New York Bar and District of Columbia Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Texas.
- Represented an international aircraft leasing company in connection with the negotiation of sale leaseback and leasing transactions, including with respect to newly delivered aircraft from Airbus and Boeing
- Represented U.S. airlines in connection with sale leaseback and leasing transactions as well as owner participant transfers with respect to such transactions
- Represented major U.S. banks and asset management firms in connection with secured aircraft loan facilities
- Represented U.S. airlines in connection with the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) loan and payroll support program financings
- Represented a U.S. airline in connection with a $235 million revolving credit facility provided by a syndicate of banks
- Represented a syndicate of lenders, as joint lead structuring agents and joint mandated lead arrangers, in connection with a $475 million secured financing for a joint venture between an aircraft leasing company and an asset management firm
- Represented a U.S. bank as agent and lender in connection with aircraft substitutions, prepayments and lease restructurings with respect to a $500 million secured loan to a special-purpose subsidiary of an international aircraft leasing company
- Represented a Chinese airline in connection with Russia-related export controls and sanctions issues with respect to its export credit agency financings
- Represented U.S. aerospace and defense companies in connection with export control classification and licensing matters and transfer of technical data issues
- Advised clients in the finance and information technology (IT) sectors regarding trade-related due diligence and compliance program management
- Represented foreign governments in World Trade Organization (WTO) litigation regarding sanitary and phytosanitary measures and antidumping measures
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- Yale University, B.A., Political Science and Economics, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Airfinance Journal, Rising Star, 2021
- The Legal 500 USA, Rising Star, Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance, 2021-2023
- Chinese - Mandarin