Kelly Depew Metz is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Austin office. Ms. Metz handles a wide range of commercial real estate matters as counsel for investors, lenders, developers, franchisors and builders, as well as public, private and nonprofit entities.
Ms. Metz represents national and regional owners and tenants of shopping centers, office buildings and industrial parks in connection with sophisticated leasing and lease workout transactions. Ms. Metz also assists clients with acquiring, financing, developing, selling and managing commercial real estate across the United States, including large-scale residential communities, residential and commercial condominiums, multifamily and mixed-use developments, hotels and resorts, farms and ranches, and build-to-suit properties.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Metz was an attorney in the San Antonio office of a prominent national law firm focusing on complex real estate transactions.
- Baylor Law School, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Government, magna cum laude
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Austin, 2023
- San Antonio Legal Services Association (SALSA), Volunteer, 2017-2022
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section (REPTL), 2017-Present
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), 2017-Present
- Baylor Law Review, Managing Executive Editor, 2016-2017
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- Pro Bono Leader for Extraordinary Pro Bono Services, American Bar Association (ABA), 2021-2022
- Excellence in Appellate Advocacy Award, State Bar of Texas, 2017
- Order of Barristers
- Finalist, ABA Law Student Division National Appellate Advocacy Competition (NAAC), Spring 2016
- Champion Team Member and Best Oralist, Mack Kidd Administrative Law Moot Court Competition, Fall 2015