Jessica MacAllister is an experienced real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office. Ms. MacAllister represents clients in a variety of complex commercial real estate transactions, including the financing, acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing of commercial real estate located throughout the United States.
Ms. MacAllister's practice focuses on the representation of national banks and other financial institutions and funds in connection with construction and permanent loans, unsecured and secured credit facilities, including multifamily, homebuilder, industrial, office and retail, and healthcare projects and portfolios, with a particular emphasis on financing the acquisition and development of medical office buildings and senior nursing, assisted living and memory care facilities. In addition, Ms. MacAllister assists national banks and other financial institutions in the participation and syndication of loans.
Ms. MacAllister currently serves on the board of directors for the Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, Inc., the only LGBTQ+ bar association in the state of Georgia. She also maintains an active pro bono practice through Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta and recently assisted a couple of nonprofit organizations in the leasing and/or purchase of permanent space.
- Advised a leading fund in a number of related transactions culminating in the acquisition of a publicly traded REIT based in Plano, Texas, an owner, operator and developer of luxury apartment communities with a significant presence in select coastal markets, in a transaction valued at approximately $4.4 billion, including the debt assumed or refinanced in connection with the transaction
- Advised leading fund in the $28 million refinancing of a three-building office portfolio in Phoenix
- Advised a leading developer in connection with construction financing for a 22-story mixed-use residential and retail project in Atlanta
- Advised a leading financial institution, as administrative agent, in connection with an approximately $105 million construction loan secured by an assisted living, memory care and independent living senior housing facility to be built in Westchester County, N.Y.
- Represented the administrative agent and left lead bank in connection with a $675 million revolving credit facility provided to an owner, manager and operator of single-family rental homes across the United States
- Advised a leading financial institution in connection with the third amendment and restatement of its credit facilities provided to a provider of terminaling, storage and related services to the energy industry, which provides for, among other things, a $600 million revolving credit facility
- Represented a leading financial institution in connection with the payoff of existing $3.5 billion term loan facility and new $615 million unsecured term loan facility provided to an owner, manager and developer of office properties in the United States
- Represented a leading timberland real estate investment trust in connection with an amendment to its credit agreement to establish a $300 million incremental term loan facility
- Represented a leading financial institution in connection with a $215 million secured revolving credit facility provided to a California-based homebuilder
- Represented a national lending institution in a $92 million land and $118 million cash available for distribution (CAD) loan facility secured by real estate in the U.S. and Canada
- Represented a leading financial institution, as lender and administrative agent, in connection with a $534.9 million term loan used to finance the acquisition of 34 medical office buildings located in 14 states
- Represented a leading financial institution, as lender and administrative agent, in connection with a loan facility of up to $354.5 million that was fully cross-collateralized and cross-defaulted by a 15-asset medical office portfolio
- Represented a leading financial institution, as lender and administrative agent, in connection with a $285 million term loan facility used to finance the acquisition of 13 senior housing facilities in Maryland, Tennessee, New Jersey, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Connecticut
- Represented a leading financial institution, as lender and administrative agent, in connection with a $123.1 million term secured by a medical office building in Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Represented a leading financial institution, as lender and administrative agent, in connection with a $136.2 million term loan facility used to finance the acquisition of six senior housing facilities in California, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C.
- Represented a leading fund in connection with the amendment and restatement of a term loan secured by a ground leased healthcare facility and synthetically cross-defaulted with a separate healthcare portfolio
- Represented a leading financial institution in connection with a $55 million term loan facility used to finance the acquisition of four senior housing facilities located in Delaware, Georgia and New Jersey
- Represented a healthcare financial company in connection with the $100 million amendment and restatement of an existing term loan facility for a managed healthcare company to be used to finance 15 senior housing facilities
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Tennessee, B.A., Political Science, with honors
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- All Superior Courts in Georgia
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, Board of Directors, Dinner Gala Co-Chair
- Atlanta Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Georgia Bar Association
- OUT Georgia Business Alliance
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Loyola Law Review, Articles and Symposium Editor
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Atlanta Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2021
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leader, Class of 2020
- William L. Crowe Sr. Scholar, Loyola University New Orleans