Victor Moldovan is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office who focuses his practice on advising clients on compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations in connection with litigation and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Moldovan has significant background in federal and state compliance litigation before administrative bodies and state and federal courts regarding Medicare, Medicaid, false claims, licensing, managed care and medical peer review issues. He has extensive experience in drafting and commenting on legislation and regulations, testifying on healthcare laws, certificate-of-need applications and appeals, physician employment-related issues, contract preparation and negotiation, trademark and trade name disputes.
Mr. Moldovan works primarily with general acute care hospitals, mental health hospitals, specialized hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician clinics, radiation therapy centers, imaging providers, home health companies, community care providers, hospice agencies and independent physician associations.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Moldovan handled healthcare matters for a global law firm in its Atlanta office.
- Advised a private equity client on federal and state regulations on acquisition of physician eye practices in various states
- Represented a cancer hospital system on compliance with state and federal law, including Medicare, Medicaid, privacy laws, physician peer review matters, physician licensing and scope of practice issues
- Advised a client on investments in hemp-related products and federal and state compliance
- Represented numerous physician groups on ancillary services and Stark Law compliance
- Represented an imaging company in compliance investigations by state and federal governments
- Represented vascular access centers in compliance matters and surgery center development
- Represented a midwest hospital in compliance matters, peer review and government audits
- Represented behavioral health hospitals and outpatient centers in billing, coding, employment and privacy related matters
- Represented a community care Medicaid provider in government investigation
- Represented a surgery center company in acquisitions, medical staff bylaws, operating agreements and investments
- Advised a client on gastroenterology practice acquisitions, including federal and state compliance
- Represented a medical practice in acquisition of imaging centers and obtaining new permits from state
- Represented a home health company in expansion of locations, including acquisitions and certificate of need
- Represented a podiatry group in acquisitions in various states
- Represented a neuro-monitoring company in development of business in various states
- Represented an imaging group in development of new sites and acquisitions in various states
- Represented eye physician clinics in purchase and sale of various locations
- Represented a pain management practice in the sale of its company
- Represented a pain management practice and surgery center in the purchase of additional entities
- Defended a physician and surgery center company in false claims case in a Midwestern state regarding allegations of federal Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)
- Defended a false claims case in Florida regarding prescription drug marketing by podiatry practice
- Defended a physician in government investigation in Georgia regarding Stark Law and the AKS
- Defended a community care provider in Medicaid investigation
- Represented clients in numerous internal investigations regarding allegations of violations of federal and state rules
- Represented a radiation therapy company on the sale of company to hospital system
- Represented numerous physician groups in obtaining permission to operate a surgery center
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- New College of Florida, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Health Law Section, Local Government Law Section, Administrative Law Section
- Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, Healthcare, 2012-2016