Amanda M. Naldjieff is a real estate attorney in Holland and Knight's Miami office who focuses her practice in the areas of land use and zoning and real estate transactions.
Ms. Naldjieff has more than 15 years of experience in the industry and represents a wide range of clients, including national homebuilders, local and international developers, and property owners in land use and zoning matters in Miami-Dade County and the 34 municipalities within the county. Ms. Naldjieff represents clients in all aspects of the development process, including, but not limited to, due diligence, conceptual planning, Comprehensive Development Master Plan (CDMP) amendments, zoning approvals, formation of community development districts and special taxing districts, platting and permitting. She routinely appears before city and county commissions, local zoning boards and other specialized boards in connection with these requests.
To achieve the best results for her clients, Ms. Naldjieff develops comprehensive strategies that consist of routinely engaging directly with development teams (owners, architects, engineers, surveyors, traffic engineers and other project consultants), interacting with government officials and staff, meeting with key constituencies (in support or opposition), coordinating public outreach efforts and lobbying elected officials, when appropriate. Throughout her career, she has obtained development approvals for a number of diverse projects, including master-planned residential subdivisions, retail and commercials uses, live/work developments and charter schools, among others.
Ms. Naldjieff also represents institutional lenders in connection with commercial and construction loans, which includes the drafting and negotiation of loan documents, review of all applicable due diligence items and ancillary agreements, and the closing.
Using her vast and varied knowledge of the local real estate market and her perspective as a Miami native, Ms. Naldjieff has successfully guided clients through all phases of the South Florida development process and is also able to provide a national perspective utilizing the firm's nationwide platform and resources.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Naldjieff worked for a national Fortune 500 housing developer, where she managed various real estate-related legal and transactional issues, including homeowners association (HOA) and condo law, construction law, construction defect law, mechanical lien law, federal lending regulations, community-related litigation, land development, land acquisition, land use and zoning, and residential development.
Ms. Naldjieff also was involved with the commencement and opening of numerous residential communities and clubhouse facilities, as well as the start-up of various HOAs. She routinely worked with outside counsel to draft and revise community-specific HOA documents in accordance with relevant local laws and ordinances. In this role, Ms. Naldjieff provided daily direction and leadership to third-party management companies serving developer-controlled associations from Miami to Vero Beach, Fla., and frequently represented the developer in statute-mandated turnover meetings.
While in law school, Ms. Naldjieff served as a judicial intern for the Honorable L. Felipe Restrepo of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, who has since been appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Ms. Naldjieff also served as a law clerk for the Federal Public Defender in the Southern District of Florida.
- Representing a national homebuilder in connection with the procurement of rezoning and site plan approvals for a master-planned 992-unit, mixed-use development, consisting of several residential unit types (single family homes, townhomes, and villas), as well as a publicly accessible clubhouse component along a major transit corridor in Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Representing a national homebuilder in connection with the procurement of rezoning and site plan approvals for a master-planned 770-unit, residential subdivision encompassing single family homes, townhomes and villas in the City of Homestead, Florida
- Representing a developer in connection with a land use amendment, rezoning and site plan approval entitlements to allow the development of a national convenience store and gasoline station on several sites in Miami-Dade County and Hialeah Gardens, Florida
- Representing a charter school in securing the approvals required for the expansion of the school site and increased enrollment to 990 students in the City of Miami
- Representing a developer in securing approvals for a grocery store-anchored, 87,000-square-foot shopping center in the Town of Cutler Bay, Florida
- Represented a national bank on a loan to finance the acquisition of a hotel and apartment building in Miami Beach, Florida
- Represented a national bank on a loan to finance the acquisition of a hotel in Hollywood, Florida
- Represented a national bank on a loan to finance the acquisition and improvement of a multifamily building in Miami Beach, Florida
- Represented a national bank on a loan to finance the acquisition of a commercial property that housed an established owner-occupied car wash in Sunrise, Florida
- Represented a national bank on a loan to finance the acquisition of a multifamily building in West Palm Beach, Florida
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D.
- Loyola University New Orleans, B.S.
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Builders Association of South Florida (BASF)
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Distinguished Class Performance: Contracts, Real Estate Transactions, Modern Depositions
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Outstanding Achievement in Negotiation: Transactional Skills
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Dean's List
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Conwell Law Scholarship