Santiago Noriega Farrés is a Mexico City corporate attorney. His practice focuses on corporate law, financial law and international arbitration. Mr. Noriega is experienced in a wide variety of national and international matters, including cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), structured financings, debt restructurings and project finance.
In addition to his transactional practice, Mr. Noriega has a significant background representing clients in investment treaty disputes, including proceedings pursuant to the rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Noriega worked at two prominent international law firms, where he focused on general corporate matters, project finance and international arbitration.
In the community, Mr. Noriega has been active representing pro bono clients in connection with obtaining financing and structuring projects to provide technology to public schools across Mexico, among others.
- Represented a leading hotel operator as Mexican counsel on its international offering of US$50 million in senior notes at 7.875 percent due in 2022; issued in accordance with Rule 144A and Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933
- Represented a hotel operator in connection with a US$100 million financing from HSBC Bank to be used to pay a previous financing and in connection with the development and operation of a luxury resort in Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Represented a nonbanking financial entity in connection with a US$17.5 million financing for the development of a 35-megawatt (MW) photovoltaic project in Guanajuato, Mexico
- Represented a technology company in connection with the acquisition of several lots of land for the construction of data center facilities in Queretaro, Mexico
- Represented a state-owned entity in an international arbitration under LCIA rules in connection with a dispute arising from the construction of a natural gas pipeline in Hidalgo, Mexico
- Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicos, J.D.
- Yale University Center for International and Professional Experience, Summer Session, Law Seminar, Diploma