Josafat Paredes is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Mexico City office.
Mr. Paredes focuses his practice on international arbitration, with experience in energy, construction, telecommunications and investment claims. He also provides legal advice to national and international companies on issues related to international trade and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Paredes served as legal counselor and representative of a global liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) company group in an investor-state dispute settlement procedure under the World Bank International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
In addition, Mr. Paredes also worked in the legal department of Mexico's National Service for Agri-Food Health, Safety and Quality (SENASICA), where he handled matters related to national and international sanitary and phytosanitary regulation, particularly related to genetically modified organisms, as well as imports, exports and mobilization of products of plant, animal and aquaculture origin.
Mr. Paredes began his professional practice collaborating with the Mexican Ministry of Economy as part of the legal group responsible for state-to-state dispute settlement under the World Trade Organization (WTO) rules and investment arbitration under international treaties signed by Mexico.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, Diploma, International Commercial Arbitration
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, J.D., Facultad de Derecho, honors
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, 2022-2024
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- The Legal 500 Latin America, International Trade and Customs, 2018, 2019
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017
- Professional Performance Recognition, SENASICA, 2016