John F. Pritchard
John F. Pritchard is a partner in Holland & Knight's New York office and practices in the firm's Asset Finance Group. With more than 25 years of experience in aircraft, equipment and facility finance, Mr. Pritchard is knowledgeable in all areas of asset-based financing and concentrates on the representation of lessees, lessors, lenders, borrowers and government guarantors in domestic and cross-border financings, securitizations, workouts and foreclosures.
Mr. Pritchard has given many speeches on aircraft and equipment financing at various conferences, including: Cape Town Convention and Legal Opinions, FAA Aircraft Registration and Choice of Registry, Aircraft Purchase Contracts and Aircraft Lease Portfolio Acquisitions from the Buyer's Perspective, Eurocontrol Liens, Risks of Doing Business with Limited Partnerships and Income Funds as Aircraft Lessors, Cross-Border Leasing, Ways of Recovering an Aircraft in the U.S., and on U.S. Ex-Im Bank transactions.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Bowdoin College, B.A.
- New York
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers, Fellow
- ABA Forum on Air & Space Law, Chair, Aircraft Finance & Contracts Division, 1997-2000
- American Bar Association, Chairman, Subcommittee on Aircraft Financing, 1987-1994
- Euromoney Airfinance Annual Legal Conference, Chairman, 1986-2006
- Aviation Working Group, Legal Advisory Panel, Executive Committee, Past Chairman
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading
- Global Airline Restructuring Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, 2010-2023; Equipment Finance Law, 2005-2023; Financial Services Regulation Law, 2012-2022; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2013-2023; Securitization and Structured Finance Law, 2017-2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing, 2008-2013; Transportation: Aviation: Finance, 2008-2022; Transportation: Aviation: Finance (Senior Statespeople), 2023
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Asset Finance, 2006-2009, 2011-2014, 2020-2023; Aviation Finance, 2015-2019
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Aircraft: Global-wide, 2016-2022
- The Legal 500 USA, Asset Finance and Leasing, 2010-2017; Aviation and Air Travel: Finance, 2018-2022; Hall of Fame, Transport: Aviation and Air Travel - Finance, 2023
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2019, 2022
- The Best of the Best USA, Aviation, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2013, 2015-2018, 2020, 2022
- Asia-Pacific Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2021
- Airline Restructuring Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2021
- Restructuring Deal of the Year, Aviation 100 Deals of the Year Awards, Airline Economics, 2021
- Asia-Pacific Restructuring Deal of the Year, Aviation 100 Deals of the Year Awards, Airline Economics, 2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, New York Equipment Finance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2019
- Aviation Lawyer of the Year, Who's Who Legal Awards, 2014-2016, 2019
- Who's Who Legal: Transport, Aviation Finance, 2005-2021; Most Highly Regarded, 2012-2014; Thought Leader – Global Elite, Aviation, USA, 2019-2021, 2023; Thought Leader, North America, Aviation Finance, 2018; Who's Who Legal 100: Aviation, 2014
- Guide to the World's Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2004-2020
- The Best of the Best, Aviation, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, January 2009
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers