Daniel A. Ramos is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office who focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other general corporate matters. Mr. Ramos represents financial and strategic buyers, sellers and other persons in complex domestic and cross-border corporate transactions across industries.
Mr. Ramos also has substantial experience representing lenders and borrowers in complex lending transactions, including financings secured by fine art.
While at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Mr. Ramos was a member of the Journal of International Law and served as a judicial intern for Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Represented a wholesale and retail distributor of fuel products and operator of gas stations and convenience stores in connection with the sale of its business to a publicly traded company
- Represented a healthcare private equity fund in connection with its sale of a dental services organization
- Represented a leading provider of accounting, auditing, tax, advisory and consulting services in South Florida in connection with the sale of its business to one of the largest accounting firms in the world
- Represented a multi-industry private equity fund in connection with its sale of an independent physician association and its sale of a manufacturer of specialty liquid fertilizers and liquid industrial products
- Represented an owner and operator of higher educational institutions in connection with its sale of higher educational institutions in Honduras
- Represented a publicly traded telecommunications and energy infrastructure construction company in connection with a strategic acquisition in the telecommunications sector
- Represented one of the largest privately owned integrated security services companies in the world in connection with its acquisition of a related group of security services companies
- Represented one of the largest cruise line operators in the world in connection with its acquisition of a concessions and services operator
- Represented one of the largest suppliers to the printing and packaging industries in the world in connection with its acquisition of a packaging inks business
- Represented a leader in the sports, entertainment and marketing industry in connection with its acquisition of a fitness festival in South Florida
- Represented one of the largest banks in the world in connection with over $700 million in loans secured by fine art to various high-net-worth individuals or their controlled affiliates
- Represented one of the largest banks in the world in connection with a loan secured by fine art to entities controlled by a high-net-worth family in Latin America
- Represented prominent high-net-worth individuals and their controlled affiliate in connection with a loan secured by fine art from one of the largest banks in the world
- Represented one of the largest financial institutions in the state of Florida in connection with a subscription line of credit to a real estate investment fund
- Represented a venture capital firm with over $10 billion under management and its various funds in connection with numerous subscription lines of credit from a commercial bank
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A.
- The Florida Bar
- Cuban-American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- AdvanceLaw, Diversity Mentorship Program, 2021
- Best Local Currency Finance, Project & Infrastructure Awards, LatinFinance, 2017
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Dean's Merit Scholarship, 2012-2015
- University of Notre Dame, Dean's List, 2008, 2010