Tiffany A. Roddenberry is a Tallahassee attorney who practices commercial, administrative and appellate litigation, with a focus on assisting clients that do business with, or are regulated by, state and local governmental entities. Ms. Roddenberry's experience includes litigation involving government contracts, bid protests, and public records and open meetings laws. As part of this practice, she has particular experience assisting clients seeking to prevent disclosure of their trade secrets in response to public records requests made to state and local governmental entities throughout the country. Ms. Roddenberry's bid protest experience involves representation of clients in jurisdictions throughout the country working with other Holland & Knight lawyers in those jurisdictions or local counsel. As part of her state and local government procurement practice, she also has experience analyzing potential contracting opportunities, responding to competitive procurements, and dealing with contract implementation, disputes and compliance matters.
Ms. Roddenberry's representative matters include:
- successfully representing a Medicaid managed care company in protest proceedings and related public records litigation in connection with the largest-ever state procurement for California's Medicaid managed care program worth tens of billions of dollars
- helping to successfully defend a Medicaid managed care contract award valued at more than $1 billion in a Florida bid protest litigation before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings
- successfully defending the award of housing tax credits to a developer by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation in bid protest litigation before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings
- successfully representing two hospital systems in ensuring the systems had the right to challenge certain Medicaid rates set by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration in an appeal from an adverse agency decision
- leading a client's internal investigation resulting from an agency inspector general investigation into state government contract compliance issues
- successfully assisting a client in challenging the assessment of liquidated damages by a governmental entity for alleged contract noncompliance
- conducting due diligence related to state and local government contracts for a potential merger and acquisition involving a government contractor
- successfully representing numerous property insurers in protecting their trade secret information required to be filed with the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation from disclosure under Florida's public records laws
Ms. Roddenberry also regularly advises clients on civil justice and tort reform issues and has authored numerous amicus curiae briefs for clients on such issues before the Florida Supreme Court and Florida's district courts of appeal.
Additionally, Ms. Roddenberry has gained experience as part of a nationwide team defending a financial software client against thousands of individual consumer arbitrations.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Roddenberry clerked for the Honorable Robert L. Hinkle of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida and the Honorable Frank M. Hull of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S., Political Science, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 34
- Girls on the Run of the Big Bend
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tallahassee Appellate Practice Ones to Watch, 2022-2024; Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2023, 2024
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2017-2023
- Tallahassee Woman Magazine, Women Who Mean Business Rock Star Award, 2016
- "Up and Comer," Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2015, 2016, 2019
- Gulf Winds Track Club Community Award, 2015
- Order of the Coif, Florida State University College of Law, 2011
- Florida State University Law Review Meritorious Service Award, 2011
- Luke Charles Moore Civil Rights Invitational Moot Court Competition, Best Overall Team, 2010
- Moot Court Final Four Competition, Finalist, 2009