Maggie Sandwith is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office, where she focuses on a variety of complex commercial real estate transactions, including dispositions and acquisitions, construction and development, and leasing.
Ms. Sandwith has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants, nationally and locally, in drafting and negotiating complex leases and related agreements (including subordination agreements, amendments, licenses, modifications, terminations, and releases and waivers) for retail centers, malls, office buildings, medical office buildings and healthcare facilities.
In addition, Ms. Sandwith represents owners and developers in the acquisition, financing, development and disposition of real property, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale contracts and related documentation, performing title review and related due diligence, assisting with permitting and land use issues, and preparing documents for closing.
Ms. Sandwith also assists publicly traded and privately held companies in the healthcare industry in transactional matters involving the acquisition and disposition of real estate assets and arrangements involving the lease of medical office buildings and healthcare facilities.
Ms. Sandwith represents a variety of clients, including:
- a national tenant in connection with new and existing retail leasing portfolio in large malls and shopping centers across the United States
- a developer in the acquisition and development of built-to-suit locations for national restaurant chains
- a franchisee in connection with establishing and scaling a new leasing portfolio
- a privately held commercial real estate company in the leasing and management of more than 70 shopping center across the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic
- a dental services organization in the acquisition of more than 50 existing dental office locations and in drafting and negotiating lease forms and related documentation for de novo locations throughout the Southeast
- an established landowner and developer in leasing new retail and office spaces in Middle Tennessee
- a national healthcare company in connection with acquisition and leasing of medical office space and healthcare facilities
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Sandwith served as in-house legal counsel at a privately held commercial real estate company and gained significant experience in long-term ownership, management and leasing of shopping centers, office buildings and apartments throughout the United States.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University, B.A., Psychology
- North Carolina
- CREW Nashville, 2023-Present
- Urban Land Institute, 2023-Present
- International Council of Shopping Centers, 2023-Present
- Nashville Bar Association, 2018-Present
- Tennessee Bar Association, 2018-Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, 2013-Present
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Executive Committee Member, 2021-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2023, 2024
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2021-2023