Sheryl Anne L. Self
Sheryl Anne L. Self is a real estate attorney who represents a broad range of international and domestic clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Based in Holland & Knight’s Dallas office, she represents investors, operators, corporate owners, developers, as well as retailers and their advisors in the acquisition, development, ownership, and disposition of retail, multifamily, hotel, office, distribution and industrial properties.
Ms. Self also represents landlords and tenants in structuring, preparation and negotiation of retail, industrial and office ground leases, build-to-suit leases, space leases and subleases. She prepares and negotiates reciprocal easement agreements, restrictive covenants, construction and development agreements, tax abatement agreements and other economic development incentive agreements.
In addition, Ms. Self represents borrowers, debtors, life insurance companies, banks and mortgage companies in construction, interim, equity and permanent financing. She has experience in handling the real estate aspects of complex multi-state corporate mergers and acquisitions and portfolio investments. She also has experience in debt restructurings, bankruptcies, refinancings and workout agreements.
- Represented a Fortune 25 company in connection with the acquisition and development of wholesale/retail and distribution facilities in Texas and the Southwest
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in connection with its properties, office leasing and real estate development activities throughout the United States
- Represented a university in the disposition, restriction, and development of surplus properties and leases for university purposes and various real estate and other matters, including representing the university with respect to its bid for a presidential library
- Represented numerous owners in leasing and disposition of retail properties
- Represented financial institutions in providing construction and permanent financing
- Represented retail tenants in shopping center leases, ground leases and build-to-suits
- Represented owners, lenders and tenants in the acquisition, financing, leasing and disposition of industrial, research and development and manufacturing properties.
- Represented international clients in the acquisition, financing, ownership, and disposition of properties throughout the U.S.
- Represented developers in the acquisition, financing and disposition of sites for major national retailers
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Maryland, B.S., cum laude
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Real Property Section
- The Real Estate Council
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Notes and Comments Editor, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- The Order of the Coif
- Phi Delta Phi